Minimize Erosion and Sediment Runoff
Some times referred to as fiber rolls or fiber logs, StormWattles can be used
instead of silt fence to reduce erosion control at construction sites. The
units stop sediment and other debris from entering retention ponds, lakes and
other water bodies.
- Wattles are made with wheat straw, and bound
into a tight tubular roll. When StormWattles
are placed on the face of slopes, they intercept
stormwater runoff, reduce its flow velocity,
release the runoff as sheet flow, and provide
removal of sediment from the runoff. By interrupting
the length of a slope, the Ultra-StormWattle
fiber roll can also reduce erosion.
- Environmentally-friendly - units can be left in place to eventually
with surrounding environment.
- Installation is quick and easy - simply dig shallow trench and stake in place.
- Requires no maintenance or upkeep.
- Can be used as check dams to reduce water velocity.
- Less intrusive and conspicuous than silt fence - perfect for use in ongoing
residential and commercial construction projects.
- Minimize erosion on slopes and inclines - perfect for fire burn
rehabilitation, timber harvest erosion control and revegetation projects.
- Helps comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999) when used as Best Management
Practice in Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans.